SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Terrorists, volcanoes, snow storms, hurricanes; nothing stops New York City and the New York Road Runners (update 11/2 – NYC Mayor’s office announces Marathon will be cancelled Sunday. Check here for updates from NYRR). We preview the Marathon from our studios in San Francisco, home of your 2012 World Champion S.F. Giants. Joining Mux & JT from afar are Jon Gugala and our guest host, the spectacular megababe Lauren Fleshman (she’s fast, too).
In this episode:
* “How the heck have you been?” by JT Service
* Jon Instagrams and Lauren questions his photo dumping
* Lauren does not photo dump, discusses not rushing back into training for 2016 and reflects on 16 years of racing.
* Picky Bars & Believe I Am. Go there. Buy.
* Lauren on branding oneself and building a fanbase. “Don’t expect anybody else to do it for you. Be Unique”
* Mr. Jesse Fleshman & Brothstein
* The NYC Marathon is on. Take that terrorists, snow storms, volcanoes, and hurricanes.
* Lauren on Hastings, Kim Smith is one tough white chick, and Molly Pritz’ chances (high, to very high).
* Betting on the women’s marathon for mustache rights (neck-beard November).
* Lauren gives advice to Julie Culley on going from the track to Fall marathon training and back again.
* The Trailer backs “A.C.” Andrew Carlson in the Men’s marathon and Lauren pushes for more detail on the Men’s field, saying Meb is the fountain of youth.
Lauren Fleshman lives in Eugene, Ore., and trains with the OTC Elite. She was the U.S. 5,000m Champ in 2006 and 2010. When she’s not running, she’s sort of like P-Diddy, co-founding Picky Bars, Believe I Am, and HMFIC for her website, AskLaurenFleshman.com. Sign-up for her newsletter (DO IT).